Turkey vegetable meatloaf



While shopping at Dean & Deluca with my girlfriend Dawn, she shared with me her love for their turkey meatloaf.  We both decided to buy one for dinner that evening.  I had a feeling it would be good, but I never would have guessed how delicious it would be.  The seasonings were perfect, and it was unbelievably moist because they added fresh grated vegetables to it.  I had to create my own version since it is quite a haul into Charlotte.  I came up with this recipe and my family loves it.  This is not just your average meatloaf.  I dare you to make this and serve at a dinner party.  You will be the talk of the neighborhood!  Enjoy.

Yields:  2 large loaves

11/2 lbs. of ground turkey, ( can substitute meatloaf mix, ground beef)
1 small zucchini grated
1 small yellow squash grated
1 small onion chopped
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 t. red pepper
4 T. garlic minced
1 t. ground thyme
1 cup parmegiano cheese grated
3 T. worscestershire sauce
1/2 cup milk
1 T. Dijon whole grain mustard
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 1/4 cup ketchup divided into 1 c and 1/4 c
salt and pepper to taste
Nature's Seasoning to taste (optional)
1 egg

In large mixing bowl add ground turkey or choice of meat.  Grate all vegetables and add to the meat mixture.  Add red pepper, garlic, thyme, parmegiano cheese, worscestershire sauce, milk, mustard, 1 cup of the ketchup, bread crumbs, 1 egg , salt and pepper and natures seasoning to taste.  Reserve the 1/4 cup of ketchup.

Mix all ingredients together well with your hands.  Divide mixture in half and form each half into a loaf shape  onto a lightly greased  baking sheet with sides.  Top with remaining ketchup and bake at 375 for 35 - 40 minutes or until cooked through.  Enjoy!



Comments

sharon said…
Hi Nanette! I made this last night and it was every bit as yummy as you said it would be! I have to try it again though because I realized 2 late I was missing 2 ingredients: Dijon mustard and ketchup! OOPS! But even with my substitutes it tasted great! As I was adding everything I kept thinking "Wow this is SOO many vegetables for 1 1/2 pounds of meat??" But once again you were right. I should just learn to trust you!! Ha ha. Anyway thank you again for another great recipe.

Popular Posts