Bacon cheddar cheeseburger stuffed Super Bowl bread

Yields:  6 servings as a meal, 10 servings as an appetizer

This is my SUPER BOWL contribution for all of you hosting and attending the battle of the Colts and the Saints.  I was inspired to make something similiar to a slider but much easier.  You just throw it all together and wrap it into a pretty little package and bake.
I'm going to challenge my friends who are Saints fans to come up with a New Orleans stuffed bread recipe and I will share it with you all.   If I have Colt fans that want to challenge the Saints fans with their Mid West  recipe..............Let the battle begin!  I will pick a winner and will post both for all my viewers!  Send them to Nanlush@aol.com.

2T. olive oil
1 egg
1lb ground beef
1 lg. sliced vidalia onion
7 slices cooked bacon
1/4 c. ketchup
11/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1 pizza dough
salt and pepper, paprika, parsley, garlic salt all to taste in seasoning the meat

In medium saute pan cook ground beef and season with salt, pepper, paprika, parsley and garlic powder or salt all to your taste.  Cook through.  Remove from pan and set aside.
In same pan, add olive oil and saute the onions until transparent, salt and pepper them to your taste.
Cook bacon until crispy.
Roll out pizza dough on lightly floured surface.  Brush on ketchup leaving a perimeter of 1-2 inches.  Layer the ground beef first, add onions, cheese and bacon last.  Roll like a jelly roll.  Put on a greased cookie sheet and glaze the top brushing on the wisked egg for an egg wash.  Bake at 375 for 1 hour or until golden brown.  Enjoy!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Nanette...this is Aunt Eleanors daughter Janice (I can't recall the last time I saw you) buy am in touch with Susan now on facebook)...I too am passionate about food/cooking omg! I Make your grandmothers/great gm Polish Bread every Christmas and remember all those wonderful times in Aunt Stellas kitchen! Anyway...I will try this recipe and look forward to trying more...xoxoxo Nanette

Popular Posts