Sweet and sour chicken


Yields:  4 servings

This recipe is an old, old, old one from my mom.  When I was young we used to make this for dinner all the time.  I have brought this back because the flavor is so amazing and it is one of the simplest recipes I know of.  It is a no brainer.  Once you make this you will be hooked for decades just like me!  I serve this with my cornbread recipe and some coleslaw, mashed potatos and peas.   The combination is out of this world. This sauce would be an amazing sauce on wings for the Super Bowl.  Surprise all your friends with a new wing recipe.   Enjoy!


1 envelope of Lipton onion soup mix
9 oz. apricot preserves
16 oz. Catalina dressing
4 chicken breasts cut into 2 inch strips (or a whole chicken cut up or wings )
salt and pepper

In small mixing bowl add the soup mix, apricot preserves and catalina dressing together. Wisk. In greased baking dish add chicken.  salt and pepper both sides to taste.  Pour mixture over chicken and make sure it is all covered.  Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts