Guacamole


We spent a wonderful eleven years in Chadds Ford, PA.  During this time, our daughter Danielle made a best friend in first grade.  She not only became Danielle's best friend; her mother became my best friend and our families grew very close.  The relationship our families shared brought us together for many meals.  Since my friend is Spanish, I learned how to make guacamole from the best of the best.  This is as authentic as it gets.
By the way, it's so good that when I made this for my daughter's college friends one of them loved it so much she ate it for breakfast.   Enjoy!

3 ripe avocados
1 small chopped tomato
11/2 green onion chopped
1 T. chopped cilantro
1 T. fresh lime juice
2 cloves of minced garlic
1t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
cumin to taste ( I use about a teaspon, but, I like cumin)
1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper (again, adjust for heat tolerance) or, I use a T. of chopped poblano pepper sometimes because it is milder.

Cut avocados in half.  Using a fork or a spoon, scrape out the avocado into a mixing bowl.  Chop all other ingredients and add them to the bowl.  Add all seasonings.  This is a "throw it all in" kind of recipe.  That is what makes it so easy.  Mix carefully, refrigerate for 15 minutes and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.  I like the scoops because they hold lots of guacamole.


Comments

Popular Posts