SPANISH GAZPACHO


Last week I posted a request on Facebook for ideas of foods you all wanted me to blog and share recipes for.  My dearest and very LONG time friend that is visiting me the first week of August asked me to blog Spanish Gazpacho!  She has been very fortunate to have spent a lot of time in Spain to experience the real thing!  I decided after looking in my Refrigerator that I had ALL the ingredients I needed to do so!

Hence, 20 minutes later My Spanish Gazpacho was BORN!  AND OH,  It is sooooo good and refreshing!  This is for dinner tonight with an amazing Spicy red curry, chicken and veggie dish!  Heat and Cool refreshing Gazpacho!  A perfect combination!  ENJOY!

Ingredients:

1 large English cucumber unpeeled
1 red onion chopped roughly
8 medium peeled fresh tomatoes..(easy peel method is to boil tomatoes until they crack remove and skin will come right off.)
2 T. chopped garlic
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
1/4 c. olive oil
3 T. red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1 T. sriracha if you like a little heat..............use to your taste.(.Optional)
juice of one lemon and one lime

Combine all the ingredients in blender and  liquefy.  Chill in glass pitcher or glass bowl for 1 to 2 hours.  Serve in glass of choice and enjoy!  I use gazpacho as a small shooter at parties in the summer and usually I serve an edible garnish of avocado, or cucumber and lemon,,,also a shrimp or all three!  A small note ladies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Weight watchers this is 0 pts. and in all ways a low calorie, healthy, summer treat!  Eat all you want at a cocktail party!

  ENJOY at your next summer cookout with any grilled dish!














































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Comments

Popular Posts