CRAB RANGOONS!

Crab Rangoons are my favorite Asian treat! The only problem is the calories for me! Fried and full of cream cheese and fat! Along time ago, I decided I could NOT live without this pleasure in my mouth, but, I would have to fix the negatives and still have the positives!!!!!!

SO, I created this recipe I am sharing with you. The secrects to saving the fat calories, obviously, is to not fry, and to use reduced fat ingredients. You will not miss anything and you will love every tasty bite! But, If you wish add all the calories and love it all the more!

My thought is that all you blue crab lovers this summer can use your left over crab meat after your bushells of crabs and create crab gravy for your pasta as well as these fun snacks! IF YOU ARE WONDERING HOW TO MAKE CRAB GRAVY..................HMMM....let me know! I WILL SHOW YOU HOW! My grandmother made this amazing Meal for us every summer I can remember and we lived for it!!!!!!!!!!

Check out how simple this is and wow...so tasty!

Ingredients:

1/2 package of wonton wrappers
1/2 cup of cream cheese, low fat or full fat..but, NOT fat free!
1/2 c. claw crab meat or crab of your choice
1 chopped scallion
1t. chopped chives
1T, garlic powder
1 T. mayo, I use lowfat Hellmans
1/2 t. worschestershire sauce
chopped hot pepper of choice to taste or dash of cayenne pepper or heat of choice, Siracha, etc...This is optional!
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. optional tempura dipping sauce


In small mixing bowl combine room temperature cream cheese, chives, scallions, mayo, worschestershire sauce, hot sauce of choice or pepper. Mix well with added salt and pepper to taste.

Take each wonton and wet all sides with your finger and water, add 1 teaspon of the crab mixture to each wonton center and fold into a triangle sealing the tip first and then pick up the wonton and seal the two sides with your fore finger and thumb.

Heat a skillet on medium high...add 1 T. of oil of choice, I use grapeseed oil. It does not have flavor and is as healthy as you can have. Add each wonton, sear on both sides to a golden brown and remove from pan to dry on a paper towel.
(** another way to serve this is to add a creamy cheese like, brie or creamy havarti and melt on bread slices under the broiler! So many ways to slice your bread! lol :))


Serve on a dish of choice with tempura dipping sauce and ENJOY!

Comments

Popular Posts