CUBAN PORK


Cuban food is something you see a lot of in Florida!  My best selling sandwich at Nanette's Table was my Carolina Cuban!  I made this Panini up because Charlotte Folk are so interested in Barbecue that it can be very difficult to get them to try other foods!~  So, I made my version of Pork barbecue and used that with traditional Cuban sandwich items.  All I can say is that people moaned when they ate this sandwich!  That is a good sign!

I am sharing with you today a traditional Cuban pork recipe that is the way they make it in the world of authentic Cuban cooking!  Typically I serve this with rice and beans!  But,,,,you can serve it on a roll and eat it that way too!  Give this a try this summer at your next gathering!  You will be a hit!

Ingredients:

1 pork butt
3T. salt
1 T. pepper
1t. garlic powder
1T. oregano1t.cumin
1t.chili powder
1t. smoked paprika
1t. ground  coriander seed
zest of 1 lime and the juice
zest of half an orange and juice of whole orange
cayenne pepper to taste (optional)

Combine all ingredients in small bowl and mix well into a paste.  Salt and pepper the Pork butt...then rub the pork butt all over with the paste.  Put in crock pot overnight or cook for 6 to 8 hours on low................serve with rice and beans and drizzle with fresh orange slice!  ENJOY!

Comments

Popular Posts