Spanish aioli crostini

I have been so blessed to have been introduced to Spanish cooking through my best friend Olivia and through my parents trip to Barcelona with their great friends.  When their friends came to visit us all at my North Carolina home my mother made Spanish crostini aioli and tomato in honor of their memories of Barcelona.  This is a very full-flavored dish, yet is amazingly simple to make.  Enjoy.

1 clove garlic
kosher salt
1 egg yolk
1t. lemon juice
1/2 c. olive oil
1 baguette
Tomatoes ( amount depends on size of crowd)
Fresh garlic cloves for rub ( amount depends on amount of guests)

Slice bread into crostini.  Heat in oven at 400 until crisp and golden.  In Cuisinart add garlic, salt and egg yolk.  Mix.  Add lemon juice and slowly drizzle olive oil.  Refrigerate for an hour.

To serve...remember this is an experience.  First you take the heated crostini bread and rub it with a garlic clove.  Then rub with the fresh tomato, don't be shy.  Add the aioli and enjoy!  You will be shocked at how delicious this simple treat is.  I say serve this before you make my Paella for Valentines Day!  Enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts