Pan seared rainbow trout with pecan glaze


While visiting my friend in Austin Texas, we went to an amazing restaurant (Hudson's on the Bend) that is known for their pan-seared trout.  I absolutely loved the dish and since I don't get to Austin nearly enough I've created my own version.

Serves 4

4 skinned trout filets
Dry mix: 2 cups cornmeal, 1 cup panko bread crumbs, and 1 cup rice flour
Wet mix: 3 cups buttermilk
Pecan glaze: 1 stick butter, 1 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 cup brown sugar

Combine the dry mix in a bowl.  Salt and pepper both sides of the trout.  Dredge the trout in the wet and dry mixtures twice (dip in wet mix, then in the dry mix; repeat). 
Cover the entire bottom of a saute pan with canola oil, and place the trout in the pan.  Cook on medium/med-high heat for approximately four minutes per side (or until golden brown).  After taking out of the pan, salt and pepper to taste.

Pecan glaze: Melt the butter in a small saute pan.  Add brown sugar and pecans and stir.  Drizzle on the trout and serve.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Nanette:
I finally found your Blog.... Yeah! I have to comment on two items that look amazing: The Crustini with Bree and the Pan SEared Trout with Pecan Glaze. I would love to try both and will comment when I do. Thanks for the inspiration. Love you xo
Lynn
Cookie said…
This is a recipe I have been searching for since I had it Sullivan's Restaurant on Sullivan's Island, SC. Thank you-it tasted exactly like I remembered. Even my kids loved it!

Popular Posts