Butternut squash and swiss chard rollatini



I recently had a love affair with butternut squash.  I found myself looking for every possible way I could include butternut squash in my cooking.  One day I was making my lasagna recipe and found I had leftover butternut squash from the night before.  I gathered up all these ingredients and created this dish.  It is very decadent, and would be a fabulous New Year's eve dish with a nice glass of champagne.  Veuve Clicquot would be my personal choice!  Enjoy!

Yields: 4 servings

1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano (parmesan) cheese
8 lasagna noodles
1cup.butternut squash cubed and roasted and fork mashed..
1 cup. mascarpone cheese
1 head swiss chard ( saute in 1 T. olive oil and garlic, salt and pepper to taste)
4 T. butter
8 sage leaves
salt and pepper
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of orange zest

Boil lasagna noodles
Mix together butternut squash, mascarpone cheese, and 1/4 cup parmegiano cheese, nutmeg, and orange zest. Salt and pepper to taste.
Cook the swiss chard as stated above.
Melt in small sauce pan butter and sage leaves, reserve.
Lay out the lasagna noodles, layer squash mixture and follow with swiss chard layer.  Do all eight noodles.  Roll each one up like a jelly roll and lay in greased 13x9 baking pan. Drizzle 1-2 T. of butter and sage mixture on top of the rollatinis.   Bake uncovered for 5 min. on 350. Remove from oven put onto serving plates and drizzle with remaining sage and butter mixture and top with remaining parmegiano cheese, serve.

Comments

Popular Posts