WOFFORD Orchiette Pasta Salad

ONCE in a while I will make up a recipe for my dearest of friends....Ms. Pam, is a wonderful girlfriend, all folks should have!  I send this to her Katie at Wofford for her dining delight this weekend at their tailgate!  I do hope Wofford WINS...and I hope they enjoy this recipe!!






Wofford's own recipe from ME!!

Wofford College "little ear" pasta salad!
Orchiette is the word for "little ears" in Italian! You will see why!!



Recipe:

1lb. Orchiette pasta (boil me, but, don't over boil me! al dente)
1/2 c. chopped canned artichoke heart bottoms ( combine me and all the following ingredients!)
1 c. chopped sundried tomatoes in oil chopped
3/4 c. pitted kalamata olives diced
1lb. good feta cheese or, as I prefer chevre diced
1/2 c. toasted pine nuts
kosher salt to taste and fresh black pepper

Dressing:

In blender combine all of us Wofford fans as your dressing ingredients!
6 sundried tomatoes in oil drained
6 T. olive oil
2 T. red wine vinegar
2 T. minced garlic
1 T. capers drained
kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 c. shredded parmegiano cheese. from the whole chunk of cheese, NOT grated
1 c. fresh parsley
1 small shallot



1/2 c. fresh basil chopped for garnish!

NOW.........Pour me all over the salad let me sit for a few hours b/c I taste much better if I marinate a while!!!!!!



ENJOY TERRIERS..........KICK SOME BOOTAY!!! :))..........Unless you are playing FURMAN!!! lol :))

Comments

Pam said…
You are the best! I loved this and can't wait to share with Katie and fellow Terrier's!

Popular Posts