Veal Chops with White truffle, carmelized onions, porcini and chantrelle mushroom saute with pancetta lardons

Hello friends,  I know my posts have been less than usual, but, as I have shared with you recently, my business is soaring and keeping me on my toes.  I am so grateful.  I just got my key to my new location and new restaurant and gourmet food to go location.  If you are ever in Cornelius, NC, we are going to be at 8305 - D Magnolia Estates Drive.  Come and see me!    I have so many ideas going through my head and amazing dreams, it is a wonder I can sleep!  I am so blessed and very grateful.

As for my blog...I plan on having the 100th blog on my first day open at my location!!!!!!!!!  I want to share that special day with all of you, because you were all my START!  Without you , I would never be doing what I am doing, so I am very grateful to all of you.  You have seen me through this year and confirmed my path and journey by your amazing support and response! I will share renovation Pictures from beginning to end, so look out!!  Thank you very much!

This dish is something I should make more often, but, I am very fussy about good meat! With a great cut of meat, this is so tender and delicious.  It really melts in your mouth. My market had some amazing Veal chops sitting out that looked so good, I was inspired.
 I think all of us should cook spontaneously like that.  See what is most fresh and tantilizing!  Go home and figure out how to prepare it.  This is so much fun to me.
I hope you find the inspiration to use my blog to help you along with recipes as you find your inspiration too!  :))

I send you all my best and hope this dish makes your holiday season a special one as you surprise your loved ones with your amazing cooking skills!  ENJOY!




Yeilds:  4 servings


Veal Chop with carmelized onions and white truffle butter,  porcini and chantrelle mushroom saute topped with pancetta lardons.

4 Veal Chops
2 T. olive oil
1T. minced garlic
2 T. White or black truffle butter ( 1T. and 1T. each)
1 medium sliced onion
1 T. chopped sage and 1 other T. chopped sage
1 T. chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1 T. chopped fresh thyme
1 cup sliced shitake mushrooms without stems
1/2 cup dehydrated and soaked porchini mushrooms ( save broth)
1/2 c. mascarpone cheese
2 T. dry sherry
1c. flour
1/4 c. sauteed chopped fine pancetta to crisp texture


In large sauce pan heat olive oil, 1 T.  truffle butter or oil if you cannot find the butter.  Saute onions until soft on medium heat, salt and pepper to taste.  Add garlic,  mushrooms and continue to saute.  Add  fresh parsley, thyme, sage,  and mascarpone cheese.  Melt the cheese and mix together well.  Add sherry and simmer on low for 3 minutes.  Take off the heat and let rest covered. 

In small sauce pan, add 1/2 t. olive oil and spread over pan bottom.  Cut pancetta into fine minced chunks.  Put pancetta into sauce pan and cook on medium high heat until crispy.  Careful not to burn.  Drain on paper towels and put aside for garnish.

In large grill pan heat 1 T. olive oil  and 1 T. truffle butter or oil.  Salt and pepper Veal Chops on both sides and dredge in Flour on each side.  When pan is hot,  place chops in pan to saute on each side until golden brown.  When golden brown on each side ( approx. 4 min. each) , remove from pan and place on baking sheet to bake in oven at 360 for approx. 15 minutes or until internal temperature is to your desired finished product.   Medium rare would be 145 but Medium is 160.  You must remove the veal to rest outside of the oven prior to temperature achievement because meat continues to cook for 5 min or more after removing from the oven. If you want a medium rare temperature, remove the veal at 135ish, and if you want medium, remove at 150 and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes atleast.

The meat and onions and mushrooms are most wonderful alone or along side a simple mixed green salad or a simple vegetable.  It is up to you!

Enjoy!  This melts in your mouth!

Comments

Popular Posts