Summer Berry Tartin!

SUMMER BERRY TARTIN!



SUMMER IS HERE!  I found myself at the market picking up a few things.  Sometimes we run into some really good looking berries, and this was one of them!  I could smell the freshness, ripeness, juiciness of these berries.  I decided to make a simple tartin for my parents to take to share with my Aunts and Uncles for dessert last night! I know they all watch their diets carefully, so I had to take into consideration keeping it light.  I think this is the easiest dessert you will make this summer and the lightest most refreshing!  With the fourth of July coming up, I cannot help but thinking this would be adorable as baby finger food tartins since the colors are perfectly ALL AMERICAN RED WHITE AND BLUE!  This is a winner!  Give it a try at your next party or summer outing! :)  ENJOY!     

Ingredients:

1 pie shell
1 lb. strawberries
1 pint of blackberries
1 pint of raspberries
1 cup of mascarpone cheese...after sitting at room temp. for 10 min.
1 lemon juiced and zested
3 T. confectioners sugar
3 T. rum
3 t. vanilla extract
2 T. sugar
pinch of salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.  Arrange pie shell into a tartin pan, 9 in. or you could just use a pie shell if it is easier for you,,but, this is more of a flat tart so I do prefer a tart pan, they are more shallow.  Take a fork and poke fork holes all over the shell to keep it from rising and bubbling!   Bake the shell until it is golden brown, approx. 10 
minutes. keep an eye on this though...they can burn easily and I do not know your oven. :)

Clean and dry all berries and slice the strawberries.  Put all the berries into a bowl and add 2 T. of rum, 2 t. vanilla, 2 T.sugar, small pinch of salt, and all the lemon zest and juice EXCEPT reserve 1T. for the mascarpone mixture. Allow to masserate until you are ready to assemble the fruit.

In small bowl mix the room temp. mascarpone cheese, remaining lemon zest and juice, 1 T. rum, and 1t. vanilla, plus the 3 T. confectioners sugar.  Mix well.

When pie shell is done, cool.  You can expedite this process by putting it into the freezer if you are short on time.  Add and spread the cheese mixture into the shell and level it off.  Now put the berries on top in any design you like!  Sprinkle with more powdered sugar and Serve and ENJOY!
* You could also top with whipped cream if you like!  




Comments

Popular Posts