Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing....just like Japanese restaurants!


Recently I ate lunch at a local sushi place in Mooresville, NC called Joel's.  They have my favorite sushi dish called the Nirvana Roll.  It is crab and avocado and cucumber rolled and topped with baked tilapia and a sauce that makes you lick your plate clean of it.  I think it is an eel sauce and fish roe and shrimp sauce.  YUM.  I love to start my meal with the simple lettuce salad topped with Carrot ginger dressing.  I decided to try and make this dressing myself because I love it so much.  I discovered by making this dressing that it is very low in calories and very healthy for you.  Usually it is the opposite discovery, so this is a cool thing for sure.  Tomorrow I am going boating with some friends so I am going to use this dressing to top an Asian grilled chicken salad.  I will post that recipe too.  ENJOY!

Recipe:

Yields:  2 cups of dressing

In a food processor blend the following ingredients...........that is how simple it is!!

3 carrots peeled and chopped rough
2 shallots rough chopped
1/4 c. and 1 T. chopped ginger
1/2 c. rice wine vinegar
1 T. sesame oil
1 T. soy sauce
salt to taste
1/2 c. grapeseed oil or canola oil
1/4 c. water ( or more depending on how thin you like it....I put 1/2 c. b/c I like it thin)

Blend well in  the food processor and  refrigerate for 1 hour to allow all flavors to combine.  This can stay in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts