Peach Sunburst Pie


It is Peach season folks.  Time to treasure the fresh, sweet, juicy flavors of the Georgia Peach.  Take advantage of the abundance of peaches that are available right now.  You can peel them and freeze them as well as jar them.  For me personally a certain recipe almost always comes to my mind when I start to think of fresh peaches.  The very first pie I ever ate at my mother in laws house was Peach Sunburst Pie.  This pie is so special to my husband and his family because it was his grandmothers recipe that she made for him growing up.  I made sure to keep this in my recipe file just to see the delight on his face and my mother in laws face every time I make it.  I know it is a sweet reminder of his very loved Nana.  I wish I could have met her, I understand she was a very lovely lady.  I guess this is a piece of her that I can hold dear to my heart since I never did have the pleasure of meeting her.  Let me tell you, once you see how easy this pie is to make, and then you taste how sweet and creamy it is, you will make it over and over again!!!  Enjoy!

Recipe:

Peach Sunburst Pie

1 9- 10 inch pie crust

Dry mix:
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
pinch of salt
nutmeg to taste

5-6 ripe peaches, pealed and sliced
1 c. cream

Peel peaches and slice into mixing bowl.  Sift dry ingredients together and with half of this mixture coat all the peaches.  Put the peaches into pie shell, filling it 2/3 the way up shell.  Sprinkle the remaining dry mix on top of the peaches and pour the cream into the shell.  Put pie on a foil covered cookie sheet for overflow.  Bake at 400 for 10 minutes then reduce temperature to 375 and bake for 30 more minutes until cooked through.  Enjoy with vanilla ice cream!!!  Tastes just like a peach creamsickle!!
Thanks Nana :))


Comments

Popular Posts