150th Blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"SOME THINGS I KNOW FOR SURE"...

I spent many hours, even days and weeks really now that I think about it.....agonizing about my 150th blog.  I knew I wanted it to be special and I really wanted it to feel good.  I asked dear friends of many years in Texas, Oly and Ed......they racked their brains for me, I asked my husband and daughter, they also gave it a lot of thought.  Then, one day I thought about  what I know for sure that is true about life as a journey.  I knew it would come to me, but, I might need to be patient for it to make sense.  And so I waited patiently, and, YES, it did come, very authentically, another blessing in my life appeared reminding me again why it is so important to be patient and full of gratitude. It came in a beautiful way!
Friendships are something I treasure....I have had the blessings of moving quite a bit, sometimes, it has felt like a chore, but, another thing I do know for sure, is that we enter into peoples lives for authentic and purposeful reasons!  I call these divine and beloved, godly acts.  And so I also know for sure, that friends should be treated as treasures, because, they are gifts from god and each one you have is for you to cherish.  I have lost some of my treasures over the years to illness, I  hold them even closer and  dear to my heart and always will, their gifts continue to give to me in amazing ways..........I know this for sure!  So our treasures are not temporary, if you behold your treasure, you never lose them!

My time that I lived in Chadds Ford, PA...was so special.  My husband and I raised our daughter there and have relationships there that will last a lifetime. This week I was blessed with a visit from 4 amazing couples from my old Chadds Ford days. We met for dinner and some of these folks, I had not seen for 7 years.  The treasures lost were all our treasures we shared, and when we embraced joyously after a long time, we held on even tighter!  I know why.  We "treasure" our treasures even more than ever, we have seen sickness and shared in the fragility of life together.  Even  recently with some of my treasures  in my picture have seen some  very challenging times.  Thankfully they are well. Every year we are reminded of how we are so blessed to behold our friendships and our treasures close to our chest!

Because of our visit, I saw the reason for my 150th blog and it is all about our treasures...and so I created a special lump crab dip to celebrate in style my dear treasures of the land and of the sea where life has me now on my journey!  May you all hold your treasures close to your chest this holiday season and show them your love with this delicious Treasure of the Sea Crab Dip!

XO to my dear friends, Robin, Shar, Kris and Penny! Thank you for your inspiration and friendship!

Treasures of the Sea Crab dip:

Ingredients:

1 lb lump crabmeat, fresh
2 c. grated gruyere cheese
1 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. sour cream
1 chopped medium onion 
1 T. butter
1T. chopped fresh garlic
1 T. worschestershire sauce
1 lemon zested and juiced
salt and pepper to taste
optional dash of cayenne pepper or to taste
1 T. fresh chopped dill and parsley each

In small skillet add butter, onion, and garlic, and salt and pepper to taste,,,saute until transparent.

In mixing bowl add all other ingredients except for the crab meat.  Mix it all together and remove the mixer.  Now, hand fold in with a spatula the crab meat, try to be gentle and do not over mix.  Put into a baking serving (it is optional, but, you can add extra cheese to the top if you like...) dish and bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until bubbly.  

Serve with french bread toast points that are drizzled with olive oil and toasted in the oven at 400 for 4 minutes on each side.

ENJOY THIS TREASURE!


Comments

Popular Posts