Chopped Black Bean Salad!


Chopped Black Bean Salad!

Today my husband and daughter started their day as usual....coffee, cereal, grab lunch and GO!  Off to work!  Danielle, my daughter is working with Steve for now doing an internship.  They usually forget their lunch or take the wrong item, but, today,,,they took their lunch  and MINE!  lol :)  I had to chuckle,,,if I don't leave notes they mess up and sometimes if I do leave notes they mess up!  What a funny world motherhood can be!  I am sure you mothers completely understand my experience!

Since, I did not have lunch,,,I decided to improvise.  First of all, I made them Black bean, vegetarian Enchiladas!  YUM...I will post that recipe too if you all want me to!  They could be vegan as well if you ditch the cheese and add a vegan substitute of choice!

I decided since my taste buds were driving me down a black bean highway,,,I had to go there in some way!  I brought together all these amazing veggies and beans and cheese,,,and I think I found a NEW Favorite CHOPPED SALAD!  Check out how simple this is:


Ingredients:                                                                                                   Feeds:  1 Hungry and 2 with a 
                                                                                                                                c. of soup!
1 /2 c. black beans
Italian medley lettuce packet Or whatever you have on hand............
2 T. chopped red onion
1/4 c. cucumbers chopped small
1/4 c. green and yellow bell pepper chopped small
1 chopped ripe tomato
1/4 c. chopped thin mancego Spanish cheese or your choice.
1/2 c. salsa

Side:  Optional,, Organic Black Corn and Flax Tortilla Chips!  I had a couple to crunch on!

Dressing:

1 T. or 2 of Olive oil and 1T. your choice vinegar, I used Balsamic

Seasonings:

Kosher Salt and pepper to taste
1t. Mojo seasoning
1/2 t. Drizzle of lime
Cilantro if you like it..........I am not a big fan....up to you!

Combine all ingredients and dress with Seasonings and dressing,,toss and serve with chips on the side or crumbled on top! I put the salsa on top as well..you could add sour cream if you like and guacamole...and   You could also add a chicken breast to this or shrimp!   This was so tasty and satisfying.  I will be posting the perfect soup with this which would be Chicken Tortilla...which I think I have posted and if not I will.  Also the one I will post this week is Smoky, Spanish Tomato!

ENJOY!
                                          

Comments

Popular Posts