Citrus Encrusted sweet and soy ginger pork chops with orange and brown sugar glaze



Panko Encrusted Pork Chop with Sesame, Citrus, Soy glaze



I have had a love affair with orange and citrus lately!  I wonder if I am lacking vitamin C?  I am just kidding, because, I know that is not the case, but, WHAT I do know, is that I simply find citrus to be a fabulous accent on many of our protein choices lately and I do think we crave what we lack!!!!!!

I have been using Lemon and Lemon zest for my succulent desires as a refreshing and Bright note in my symphony of glazes on chicken, fish and salads for a while. 

Our daughter, Danielle came home recently from college very sick for the ridiculas 5th or more time in 5 yrs... I am so grateful she will graduate this May of 2011 from Furman University.  Not only for our pay raise.....lol..but, for her health. 
She has battled everything from Mono, to Gallbladder disease, to sinus infections, pneumonia, and more. As she has had to go to war with all of her little, evil, micro organisms of bacteria and such, we have realized a BIG craving.....ORANGES! 

 I am a believer that the body craves what it needs!  Therefore, I listen to the communication, but, most importantly, I react and follow through!

So, I bought a dozen oranges....she was chomping on them for days..by choice.  I asked her, why are you so into oranges all of a sudden..she responded with, I love them!  At that moment, I had a moment to me...hmmm...NO!  She does not get it, she is having a craving for what her body needs. SO...listen for your children and you!  We have so much to offer with just listening!  We learn and can help as much by listening and not speaking as we can teach by speaking!

Enjoy this other white meat recipe...and realize, what you add to it makes it fancier or not..but, this is a dish worthy of Nanette's Table!!!!!!!!!!    Use the healthy Orange juice and zest....and make sure you Do try this recipe and Do enjoy!
(This is a new favorite to my neighborhood and family!) xxxooo, Nan



Recipe:  Sweet and Soy Encrusted Pork chops with Orange and sesame citrus glaze.................
Ingredients: 
2 eggs...................This is your egg wash for your pork, Wisk the egg in a small bowl, add OJ and s&p to taste. 
1/2 c. oj
s&p
1c. flour......................This is your dry mix to dredge your chop in after you wash your pork in egg wash.........
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. soy sauce.....Simmer in small pot on low to blend flavors for 3 minutes on medium.
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. rice wine vinegar
1T. minced garlic
1 T. minced ginger
s & p
rind of 1 orange
siracha to taste
juice of one orange

Directions: 
After salting and peppering each side of chop, dip into the egg wash and then into the dredge.  Put into a pan with olive oil and sear on both sides for 3 minutes each until brown and caramelized on each side.  
After brown and caramelized on the outside, you have successfully seared in the juices and tenderness of the pork.  Now move onto the next step of putting the chops on a baking dish and put into a preheated oven of 375.  Cook until a safe pork temperature of 170 ...approximately, 40 minutes. 
Meanwhile, Mix all ingredients for the glaze of the pork which really is where the flavor is, cook in small pot on medium for a few minutes to combine all flavors. 
When chops are done, allow them to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.  Pour the glaze all over the chops and add fresh orange squeezed on top of chop along with the zest of the orange for garnish and flavor.  Bake for another 3 minutes to sear. 

Enjoy with any side, I suggest, a simple fried rice or a potato cake, mashed potatoes, or cous cous...it will compliment any side starch dish.  I served fresh  steamed french green beans in chicken stock with sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and sesame seeds.  If you like a garnish, help yourselves to a cilantro if you like it, or a fresh flat leaf parsley..as I prefer on this dish for a mild note.    Delish!  Do enjoy my friends! :)


Nanette Lush
Cell 610.357.3878
http://www.nanettelush.blogspot.com/

Comments

Benita Blocker said…
Hi Nanette: It was sooo nice to meet you this week! I do not cook that often, but love your new Cornelius facility, and these recipes on the blog look delicious! Peace and Blessings! I will stay in touch! ~Benita

Popular Posts